In her debut book Dear Debt, personal finance expert Melanie Lockert combines her endearing and humorous personal narrative with practical tools to help readers overcome the crippling effects of debt.
Drawing from her personal experience of paying off eighty thousand dollars of student loan debt, Melanie provides a wealth of money-saving tips to help her community of debt-fighters navigate the repayment process, increase current income and ultimately become debt-free.
By breaking down complex financial concepts into clear, manageable tools and step-by-step processes, Melanie has provided a venerable guide to overcoming debt fatigue and obtaining financial freedom.
Inside Dear Debt you will learn to:
- Find the debt repayment strategy most effective for your needs
- Avoid spending temptations by knowing your triggers
- Replace expensive habits with cheaper alternatives
- Become a frugal friend without being rude
- Start a side-hustle to boost your current income
- Negotiate your salary to maximise value
- Develop a financial plan for life after debt