At Ross Group, we believe insurance is really important.
Though often the brunt of jokes, insurance is a serious topic. Perhaps you feel it’s a bit “too grown up” for you? A waste of time…. As if anything is going to happen to you?!**
But we all know someone… someone who has suffered through illness or accident. It happens. And we all know it’s not just the patient who suffers.
According to Lifewise Underinsurance Report, it is predicted that over the next ten years:
- One in five families will be impacted by the death of a parent, a serious accident or illness that renders a parent unable to work;
- Following a serious illness, injury or the loss of one parent, the typical Australian family will lose half or more of their income as a result of underinsurance;
- 95% of families do not have adequate levels of insurance.
If something was to happen to you, it’s only when you have the right type and the right amount of insurance that you can protect those most important to you.
The most common types of personal insurances are;
- Life insurance
- Trauma insurance
- Total and permanent disability (TPD) insurance and
- Income protection insurance
It is these “types” of insurances that have the largest impact on the financial position of a family after an accident, sickness or death – especially for young families.
Currently all superannuation fund members receive benefits in the event of death or permanent disability – is it enough for you?
Some superannuation funds also include the basic or minimum level of income protection insurance – is it enough for you?
What does your superannuation fund say?
Do you know if you are insured?
Will your family be financially safe if something happens to you?
Please consider your options when it comes to ensuring the safety of your family.
Please know you can contact our office to discuss this further.
**We sincerely hope nothing happens to you.
Contributed by Mel Ross